Everyone likes to be a little bit nosy don't they?! I am loving watching blogger's '50 random facts about me' tag videos around YouTube at the moment and after I was very kindly awarded the Leibster award for my blog from the lovely Rebecca over at Rose Paddle I had an idea to write a little factsy (that definitely isn't a word) post for you today. I'll start with the 11 questions Rebecca has set and then tell you a further 11 facts!
1. What is your favourite thing about yourself? This is a really hard question I'm definitely not the type of person that has a long list of things they love about themselves! I would say that I'm happy that I am a positive person and if someone is in trouble or down or in need of cheering up I will do everything I can to make that person smile again.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging? Not only are the products that bloggers can introduce you to that you would never thought of trying before being such a bonus of blogging but the friendliness of the blogging community is without a doubt my highlight of blogging.
3. What is your current hair care routine? Considering I have long and (at times annoyingly) thick hair my hair care routine isn't particularly lengthy...I wash it every other day and use Pantene Pro V's 'Repair and Protect' shampoo and conditioner and on alternate washes I switch the conditioner for Aussie's '3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long Treatment' which is so nourishing for my hair. Before I dry it I always spritz on a heat protector and I'm using Tresemme's at the moment. If I'm going anywhere fancy or I've styled my hair I finish it with Mark Hill's 'Bedazzled Anti-Humidity Shine Spray' which is basically a de-frizzer and a hair-spray.
4. If someone was to make a film of your life, who would play you? Another really hard question! I don't know if a film about my life would be very interesting...but if Hollywood insisted (haha) I would suggest Emma Stone because she is pretty cool.
5. Who would play your love interest? As my boyfriend has a massive man-crush on Ryan Gosling I think it would have to be him plus Ryan and Emma have amazing on screen chemistry so that is a bonus!
6. What is the last book you read? 'The man who forgot his wife' by John O' Farrell- it was a really good read and the title is pretty self-explanatory of what happens. I really recommend it.
7. If you could meet anyone still living who would it be and why? This might seem a bit of an odd answer but I'd really like to meet Mary Beard, she is a classicist from Cambridge and seriously knows her stuff. I sent her a tweet the other day asking where she would recommend in Rome for me to visit AND SHE REPLIED!!
8. What is your favourite season? Although I love the cosyness of winter and Christmas I love the summertime more, it just makes everyone happier and it's so nice to be able to go to places without having to bring a coat, umbrella, sensible shoes etc etc! As I don't live far from the beach back home either I love nothing more than a good day at the beach.
9. Where was your favourite holiday destination? A place called Champery in Switzerland- it is an absolutely stunning place set in the mountains of the Swiss alps about 45 minutes up from Lake Geneva (another gorgeous place) and it was where my great-grandparents met. We went there for my Grandpa's 80th birthday in 2006 and again in 2010. It is such a special place to my family and I think we will always keep returning there.
10. What would be your dream job? Having a full-time job of testing and trying out new beauty products and seeing new trends so I guess working for a magazine would be where I could do that.
11. What time did you wake up this morning? I was a bit lazy and allowed myself to sleep in 'til 10 as I'm recovering from a cold.
My Random 11 Facts
1. When I was about 7 or 8 I had been given a little nail varnish set for a birthday (god knows why someone thought I needed nail varnish at that age) and I decided a much more exciting use for the glittery red nail varnish would be to paint my EYEBROWS....I still don't know why I did it and I can still picture my parents' horrified faces when I showed them (explains why I have pretty thin eyebrows now).
2. I was so clumsy when I was younger- I cracked my chin open on the bathroom sink, I fell into a rose bush, fell over practically every week, cut my chin on the ski trip, cut both knees open at separate times and have some lovely scars.
3. If I was a boy my parents would have called me Christopher.
4. Despite living in the countryside I don't own a tractor/farm/cow/sheep or any other typical farm object!
5. Before my sister was born I was the only person convinced she was going to be a girl, everyone else thought she was going to be a boy and were worried about breaking the news to me (apparently I'd said I was only interested if it was a girl...I was 4 so guess I'm excused for being so brattish).
6+ 7. I actually started off studying Business Administration at Uni but changed to Classics after 3 weeks! It was also through starting Business that I met my boyfriend as we were in a seminar together, then a few weeks later he was at my friends' birthday and we got talking about my disappearing act from the course and the rest is history....
8. When I Skype home I always ask to see the pets too.
9. My 'signature' dish is a spinach and smoked salmon quiche.
10. I am quite a clean-freak and can't leave washing-up, I have to do it after I've eaten.
11. I much prefer main-courses to desserts...(which I know is practically unheard of amongst women :s)
So there you have it!
Now I tag ANY of you reading this that want to have a go yourselves on your own blog