Sunday 15 January 2012

Gilly Hicks girl

Being the impatient girl that I am I insisted that my sister open her birthday present before I came back to uni as I wouldn't be there on the actual day. Knowing that it was something from one of her favourite shops made seeing her face as she opened it even better! I got her a t-shirt from the shop- 'Gilly Hicks' and below is a picture of the birthday girl herself modelling it.



What is Gilly Hicks?
Gilly Hicks is the Australian sister brand of the American Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch empire. There is just one of their stores open in the U.K and that is in Westfield (Shepherds Bush). Unlike Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch, Gilly Hicks sells underwear as well as clothing (and some amazing perfume too). Gilly Hicks clothes can suit anyone that wants to achieve a 'girlie and preppy' look and with the right amount of florals and patterns you can end up feeling really special. The t-shirt that I bought my sister is one of their more casual pieces. Below are some of my favourite pieces from their current selection as well as a model demonstrating what type of look can be achieved with their clothes.





What with Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch becoming so 'mainstream' in the U.K at the moment Gilly Hicks still create the nice preppy look but without the fear when you buy something from there that 20 other girls you know are probably going to be wearing it too....

R xxx

2 comments: