Friday 20 January 2012

What's all the fuss about?

I have to admit I definitely wasn't Lana Del Rey's biggest fan when I first heard her last year after listening to Bombay Bicycle Club's cover of 'Video Games'  and wanting to hear the original. Her cosmetically enhanced lips and sultry pout that comes hand in hand with them seemed a bit over the top and thought to myself what is all the fuss about?

BUT!!!!! After several more listens and thinking about the lyrics the penny suddenly dropped and I had a complete U-turn, 'Off to the Races' was the icing on the cake for me. Her sudden surge in popularity is a massive achievement and her songs go deeper than typical songs that are in the charts at the moment. With her album coming out at the end of the month I really am getting quite excited and her lips are not quite so scary any more, I like it that she is slightly different and does have a pretty decent style going on (down to a stylist maybe? I'm not so sure) and I have serious hair envy!!

With 'Video Games' 'Off to the Races' and 'Born to Die' all being really popular so far I am certain her future songs off the album are going to do really well. Definitely predict big things for her in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit when I first heard the songs I though, hmm a bit different not my usual style, but they have grown on me so much, shes effortlessly cool!

    ReplyDelete